Nothing created by man can move me as much as music. There might be a few singer-songwriters out there whose work I can appreciate and identify with, but I am more inclined to reach for classical music and certainly for film scores.
Film scores are composed as part of and to set the mood and tone of moving pictures. As such, they can not really be viewed as standalone works of art. However, even without any accompanying pictures, there are some true musical masterpieces among them.
Below you will find my–never finished and always updated–curated list of film score tracks. If you are new to this genre, I recommend starting with John Williams’ work.
- End Credits from Contact (1997) – iTunes
- Cave Painting Theme from The Croods (2013) – iTunes
- The Croods’ Family Theme from The Croods (2013) – iTunes
- I’m Forrest… Forrest Gump from Forrest Gump (1994) – iTunes
Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard
- End Credits from E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) – iTunes
- Fawkes the Phoenix from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) – iTunes
- Sean’s Theme from Minority Report (2002) – iTunes
- A New Beginning from Minority Report (2002) – iTunes
[Last Updated: September 28, 2018]